Extruder Operator (#8583) - NC
Industry: Plastic Injection Moldings
We are currently seeking Extruder Operators for a Plastic Injection Molding facility located in NC.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Sets up and runs two foam extruders.
• Interprets specifications and assures finished parts meet customer expectations.
• Uses calipers, tape rules, and other measuring devices to assure parts meet expectations.
• Sets up computerized blending systems to match recipe requirements.
• Directs assigned packaging associates.
• Records and documents extruder and finished parts data.
• Sets up and runs down stream equipment including Fly Knives, Puller, Conveyors, etc.
• Operates glue applications equipment.
• Prints and applies labels as required.
• Operates a forklift occasionally.
Other requirements include:
• Prior extrusion experience is required.
• Prior foam extrusion background is helpful
• Must have above average math and communication skills.
• Must have average computer skills.
• Prior forklift experience is a plus.
• Must be able to read and interpret product drawings (spec sheets)
• Must be able to read and interpret dial calipers.
• Must be able to work overtime if necessary.
• Must be able to perform other duties as deemed by management.
1st shift: 7:00am- 3:00pm
2nd shift: 3:00pm- 11:00pm