Estimator - Self-Perform Concrete (#9816) - Nevada
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
We're searching for an Estimator with self-perform concrete experience.
Our client, a large Commercial General Contractor, is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Estimator to join their team. The ideal candidate has 5 years of experience as an Estimator in commercial construction – with projects over $5 million. Candidates must be innovative and able to lead an estimate for client bids, using creative and innovative methods to out-plan the competition. Computer proficiency is required, including Microsoft Office Suite, Timberline, and OST.
- Reads and outlines project specifications.
- Discusses and establishes bid strategies, concerns, and advantages.
- Defines major or priority subcontractors.
- Directs, plans, & coordinates vendor/subcontractor pricing/bid solicitation.
- Establishes, writes, and reviews work scopes for subcontractors.
- Conducts pre-bid meetings with Operations personnel and Subcontractors as needed.
- Helps operations staff on project logistics, staging, phasing plans, and coordination.
- Sets up Bid Day Summaries and General Requirements.
- Sets up bid spreadsheets or conceptual spreadsheets to complete a bid.
- Accurately perform take-offs.
- Prices items of both self-performed and subcontracted work on a unit priced basis.
- Uses Subcontractor and Field Production Data to establish database pricing.
- Improves existing subcontractor relationships and gets to know the subcontractors/suppliers.
- Monitors coverage with the plan coordinators and solicits new subcontractors to bid.
- Reviews and executes bid forms, bid bonds, etc., on bid projects.
- Reviews estimates for accuracy, constructability, and risks.
- Relies on judgment and experience to plan and establish deadlines.
Helps the Estimating Department as needed to facilitate teamwork.
- At least five (5) years of experience as an Estimator in commercial construction.
- Experience with projects over $5 Million.
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, procedures, technology, and programs within the construction field.
- Must be able to lead an estimate and take full charge of each bid.
- Must be able to use strategic and innovative methods to obtain sub coverage for bids, especially in new geographic areas.
- Experience with self-performance of concrete and carpentry highly desired.
- Must display a certain degree of creativity and innovation to out-plan the competition.
- Must be able to schedule and be proficient in Timberline, OST, and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must display a strategic approach to winning with creative planning and development experience.
- Must be a team player with the ability to foster a collaborative atmosphere through the bidding process.
Must be able to develop and maintain subcontractor relationships.
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance