Estimator in Heavy Civil and Highway Construction (#8086) - Texas
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
Immediate need for experienced Heavy Civil Estimator
Estimator in Heavy Civil and Highway Construction
Our client partner is a leading construction contractor based in the south central US.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review construction plans, documents and specifications.
• Review bid proposal and addendum.
• Perform quantity take-offs.
• Solicit subcontractor and material quotations.
• Prepare estimated budgets for labor, material and equipment.
• Review subcontractor and material supplier quotations for accuracy and scope.
• Integrate all elements into a final bid to be submitted for review.
• Prepare bid proposal for submission.
• Follow up with client regarding submitted proposal.
• Assist management in the buyout process on successful bids.
• Bachelors degree in civil engineering, construction management or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 3 years of estimating experience in the following:
o Asphalt Paving
o Utility Work (Water and Sewer)
o Storm Drainage
o Concrete Work
o Site Work/Earth Work
o Bridge Work
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively, verbally and written, with owners, co-workers, suppliers and subcontractors.
• Must be self-motivated and have the ability to multitask by bidding multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience with estimating software such as HCSS Heavy Bid, PayDirt, etc.
WAGES / BENEFITS
• Competitive salary will be offered.
• Health care benefits and profit sharing are provided through a comprehensive company benefit program.
• Additional compensation includes possibility of annual year-end bonuses based on performance management reviews.