Estimator Commercial/Industrial (#8615) - Oklahoma
Industry: Construction Management
Industry: General Contractors
Provide Estimating leadership based on principles that support a collaborative and integrated project delivery environment
Estimator - Commercial/Industrial
Provide estimating leadership based on principles that support a collaborative and integrated project delivery environment along with traditional estimating processes. The candidate will provide estimating services on multiple commercial and industrial projects including proposal development, budget and conceptual estimates, and competitive bid estimates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead and participate in the preparation of hard bid estimates, conceptual estimates, budgets, design/build and other cost determinations.
2. Assist and participate in project development activities including scope development, programming, conceptual estimating, budgeting and preliminary scheduling.
3. Review final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to final submittal of pricing or bid.
4. Participate in the preparation and presentation of estimating information to clients and corporate management as required.
5. Assist in preparation of proposals, submittals, studies, means and methods, recommendations and cost estimates as required.
6. Participate in the preparation and presentations of the project estimates and budgets to the Owner as well as other project stakeholders.
7. Possess a strong understanding of spreadsheets, estimating software/databases, and on screen take-off techniques.
8. Obtain a thorough understanding of the proposal/bid documents including blueprints, manufacturer’s data sheets, fabrication and assembly drawings. Perform accurate, detailed quantity survey as per the applicable scope(s) of work. Accurately compile all information into the estimating spreadsheets.
9. Solicit subcontractors and suppliers and obtain accurate pricing to be utilized within the estimate.
10. Review all work for completeness and accuracy.
11. Communicate and coordinate the estimate with the bid team and perform periodic reviews to ensure that the appropriate concept is being applied to the details of the project.
12. Participate in the presentation of project estimates and budgets to Owners and other stakeholders.
13. Promote collaboration for the success of the project with Owner, Designer, Engineering, Construction Partners and internal Operations personnel.
14. Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Educational and experience requirements include: Four year engineering / construction management degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience. Five to ten years of combined construction and estimating experience across commercial, institutional and industrial markets with emphasis in the commercial and institutional market sector.
Thorough knowledge of estimating processes, material and construction system costs, and labor productivity evaluation. Strong ability to conceptualize project construction requirements and the ability to coordinate group work efforts are essential.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to walk and reach with hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee frequently uses computer keyboard, regularly travels (as vehicle driver and as passenger on various modes of transportation), and occasionally performs work on-site at construction work sites. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee views computer monitor frequently. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.