Estimator (#9675) - Virginia
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
We're searching for an Estimator with Commercial Concrete Experience.
MUST HAVE MIN 5 YEAR DIRECT EXPERIENCE IN COMMERCIAL CONCRETE CONSTRUCTION. B.S. in Building Construction or equivalent preferred. Must have the ability to execute and schedule several projects simultaneously while performing detailed shop drawings. Must possess skills to maintain quality control throughout the project. Must be an exceptional communicator and have positive energy. Building and maintaining client relationships is an essential part of this position.
The individual will also be held responsible for:
- Meet with the operations team for a preliminary formwork, budget, and logistics plan, etc.
- Communicate with the client throughout the process to ensure our plan is also acceptable.
- Develop a critical path schedule and discuss the logic behind the sequence.
- Meet with formwork suppliers to discuss their ideas for a more efficient cycle.
- Discuss rebar, and post tension quantities and variances with subcontractors.
- Analyze proposals and scopes of work from clients and subcontractors.
- Lead the internal estimate review meeting.
- Prepare client presentation materials. (Pour plan, formwork plan, 3-D models etc.…)
- Price and reconcile drawing changes from drawing set to drawing set.
- Ask questions and brainstorm for the best way to build a complex structure.
- Solicit input from others, and share “lessons learned” with the team.
- Attend post-bid interviews as needed.
Walk the job on occasion to receive feedback for future estimates.
- Minimum of 5 years direct experience in commercial concrete construction.
- BS in Building Construction or equivalent.
- Detail oriented in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all organizational levels as well as with customers and vendors.
- Highly organized; Comfortable in handling large files and confidential data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to visualize 2-D drawings in 3-D and explain your means and methods in simple terms.
Driven to learn more about the technical aspect of concrete construction.
Desired Experience and Traits:
- OSHA Certification
- Document Control Experience
- AutoCAD training