Estimator (#9590) - South Carolina
Industry: Concrete Pipe
Industry: Wet and Dry Cast
We're searching for a Estimator.
The position of the Estimator will be responsible for providing technical expertise and project costing for structural precast and prestress concrete on various project types. This position will work closely with Sales, Engineering, and Customers to develop a complete solution to our customers precast concrete needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Reviews bid documents to determine the scope of work and required precast concrete products for large construction projects.
- Provide quantity takeoffs and estimates for precast / prestress concrete projects.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Prepares material pricing, labor production analysis, equipment pricing, delivery expenses, timing of product requirement, and other potential cost elements that may impact the estimate.
- Coordinates with production and inventory to determine pour schedule needs and proper scheduling of such requested products and costing for manufacturing.
Communicates directly or through subordinates with outside sales teams, production, delivery, and yard departments to determine proper process flow to ultimately manufacture quality products and on-time deliveries.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- College degree preferred (Engineering a plus).
- 2+ years of working knowledge of precast concrete products and practices.
- Knowledge and experience with AutoCAD are required.
- Experience working with plans, prints, drawings, and detailed plan specifications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft applications are required.
- Must be organized, detailed, and have the ability to prioritize projects based on highest profitability/revenue potential and end dates.
- Focus on good customer service.