Environmental Health and Safety Manager (#9835) - CO
Industry: Stone Veneer
United Employment Group is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Manager in CO.
- Provides strong health and safety leadership at all levels.
- Ensures company's standards are well integrated into the manufacturing processes.
- Leads by example that safety is a way of life and demonstrates a passion for an injury-free workplace.
- Formulates safety policies and procedures to be followed by company and plant personnel in compliance with local, State, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Consults with all departments on design and use of equipment, chemicals introduced into the plant, disposal of waste, fire prevention and safety programs including the need for industrial hygiene monitoring.
- Oversees monthly/quarterly facility inspections to detect existing or potential hazards and recommends corrective or preventative measures when applicable.
- Develops new and sustains existing environmental compliance initiatives to achieve continuous and step improvement in facilities’ performance.
- Prepares/submits required Federal, State & Municipal environmental assessments and reports.
- Oversees and advises a variety of activities related to environmental regulations, permitting and compliance activities.
- Works with management, supervisors, and employees on environmental, health, and safety programs, projects, and training as requested or required.
- Remain current on regulatory requirements and implement changes as necessary.
- Oversee and guide incident investigations to determine root cause, corrective action and remediation.
- Represents the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs.
- Develops and administers risk-management and loss-prevention programs.
- Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Environment, Health and Safety, Engineering or related field and minimum of 5 years progressive responsibilities at a management level within a manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional Certification desired. Knowledge of general manufacturing practices and prior experience leading process improvement activities focused on risk assessment, behavior modification, ergonomics, chemical exposure control and machine guarding.
- Knowledge of U.S. occupational safety (OSHA) and environmental (EPA) regulations and recordkeeping requirements.
- Experience with Behavior Based Safety (BBS) programs, Lean/Continuous Improvement/Six Sigma training/5S training/certification is a plus.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience coordinating EHS compliance activities.
- Prior experience identifying, implementing, developing and reinforcing safety training and initiatives at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.