Engineering/ Tool Design Manager (#9598) - OR
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking an Engineering/ Tool Design Manager for a Metal Stamping facility in OR.
Designs, builds and maintains world class tooling. Our progressive tooling is known for its reliability, productivity, and precision which enterprise-wide, is used to produce tens of millions of precision components every day. This high visibility and high impact position leads the team responsible for tooling design globally. As a subject matter expert and seasoned people leader, this position directs all tooling design for new product launches, R&D activity, continuous improvement, operational expansion, and sustaining operations. As engineering owner of one of the company’s core manufacturing technologies, this position is expected to collaborate very closely within both sustaining and R&D engineering functions and to be deeply integrated in to early R&D technology development in order to continue to deliver market-leading products produced at optimized quality, cost, and uptime.
• Lead the design and development of effective tooling to support global manufacturing processes.
• Collaborates throughout the company to develop and implement plans for the needed systems and skills.
• Links current and future capabilities to support product and technology roadmaps.
• Leads team’s policy deployment in alignment with Blount’s strategic planning.
• Champions department projects and partnerships.
• Drives Engagement: Structures work so that it aligns with Team Members goals and motivators and makes connection to organization’s overall goals. Creates a positive and motivating work environment.
• Develops Talent: Places a high priority on developing others. Aligns Team Member career development goals with organizational objectives.
• Optimizes Work Processes: Identifies and creates the processes necessary to get work done. Designs process and procedures that allow managing from a distance. Seeks ways to improve processes from small tweaks to complete re-engineering.
• Manages Complexity: Asks the right questions to accurately analyze situations. Readily distinguishes between what’s relevant and what’s unimportant to make sense of complex situations.
• Provide strategic leadership as part of the global manufacturing technology leadership team.
• Bachelors of Science Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent discipline required.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 3+ years’ experience in leading a tooling design team
• Extensive experience designing high precision progressive stamping tooling.
• Highly effective interpersonal and communications skills
• Demonstrated creativity and innovation in problem solving
• Ability to take ownership, a willingness to implement new ideas and concepts, and effectively manage a team and projects