Engineering Manager (#9959) - Confidential Location
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
Industry: Precast/Prestressed Design
PCI Certified Producer is seeking an Engineering Manager to supervise and advise multiple Structural Project Engineers.
This individual, along with the Project Engineers, will prepare and coordinate engineering design calculations and details for precast/prestressed building systems, individual elements and connections. As an engineer in a PCI certified production facility, position also provides technical support to other departments including estimating, production and erection.
• Provide engineering design for precast/prestressed concrete building systems and components and their connections to each other and supporting structure.
• Provide design of individual precast and prestressed elements for production including member reinforcement (mild and prestressed) and lifter sizes/locations and handling schemes.
• Provide engineering design and technical support to field and erection crews.
• Work to identify efficiencies in production, erection and design process.
• Visit on-campus production facility as needed to guide production personnel with design requirements.
• Assist with project coordination process along with Project Coordinators and Project Engineers in the Drafting and Engineering department.
• Make occasional visits to job sites, General Contractor, Engineer and Architect offices as necessary to support design and construction process.
• Assist with or lead special projects including: research and development, specialized production facilities and design standardization.
• Make sound engineering judgments employing strong knowledge of structural mechanics, material properties/behavior and compliance with relevant building codes.
• Assess projects and tasks with broad perspective considering economy, practicality, constructability and fit-up.
• Represent the Company in a professional manner as reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning and problem-solving abilities.
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering, or similar program with Structural emphasis.
• Must be a registered Professional Engineer (PE).
• Must be proficient with typical engineering design software, AutoCAD and/or Revit, Microsoft Excel and Word
• Prior experience with precast/prestressed concrete design is strongly preferred but not required
Comprehensive package including competitive salary, health insurance, company profit sharing, 401(k), paid vacation, personal days, and paid holidays after 60-day probation periodApply for this position.