Engineering Manager (#9245) - TN
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking an Engineering Manager for a Metal Stamping facility located in TN.
Manages work assignments in staffing, scheduling, coordinating and planning personnel engaged in manufacturing engineering activities for stamping, assembly, tool & die, program management and continuous improvement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for Die Maintenance, Engineering Change Management, CIP, Plant Engineering, Plant Layout, Weld Integrity Process and Capitol Panning
• Plans and establishes engineering schedules and follows up performance against estimates;
• Supervises assembly of cost control and statistical data;
• Approves process specification and design standards;
• Prepares and controls departmental annual budget;
• Directly supervises 10 to 15 engineers including managers. Carries out supervisory, coaching and audit responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems;
• Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions. Performs root cause analysis and creates permanent corrective action.
• Participation in the Layered Process Audit schedule
• Participation in the Internal ISO/TS 16949 Audit schedule (applies only to certified ISO/TS 16949 internal auditors)
• Participation and cooperation in answering questions and providing information for internal and external audits regarding or related to ISO/TS 16949, VDA 6.3, and customer standards.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Engineering discipline with MS or MBA preferred. 10 years Manufacturing Engineering Management experience in automotive stamping and assembly operations highly preferred. Tier 1 automotive experience essential;
• Manufacturing Engineering management experience in stamping, sheet metal, tool and die, robotic welding, and material handling highly preferred;
• Significant program launch and quoting experience
• Steady career progression at a leading manufacturing company demonstrating stable job history;
• Experience in other manufacturing disciplines preferred (ie. MFG operations, Materials, Quality, OEM experience (both domestic and transplants);
• Maintenance management experience in an automated environment;
• Significant exposure to Lean Manufacturing techniques.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Ability to interact with customers and suppliers (internal and external);
• Quality assurance knowledge;
• Working knowledge of Database software; Development software; Internet software; Manufacturing software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software