Engineering Manager (#9217) - IL
We are currently seeking an Engineering Manager in the Forging industry.
Member of Senior Management team, reporting to the General Manager. The Engineering Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the engineering department which includes quoting, design, development, qualification, manufacturing engineering and transition of new products to manufacturing. Strong interaction with Business Development, Sales and Manufacturing activities is required.
All of the skill requirements that would be expected of a member of the Senior Management Team reporting to the General Manager, including strategy formulation and implementation, project management, etc.
Technical skill requirements include:
- Microsoft DAX, ProE, Die Design, Six Sigma, Basics of Heat Treating and Mechanical Testing. 5 years of managerial experience, and Aerospace
- Overtime is generally required.
- Responsible for managing Engineering and Quoting (4 employees, including professional engineers). Other departments may be added on a temporary basis as may be required.
- Confronts and solves performance/operational issues to improve development efficiency.
- Leads and develops the engineering team.
- Oversees a robust project management process and delivery timelines to keep projects on schedule and on budget.
- Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Direct, review, and approve product design and changes. Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence. Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
- Office and occasional plant-level.
- Travel mostly within North America.