Electrical Controls Engineer (#8890) - TX
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for an electrical engineer.
• Identify and execute improvement projects from concept to closeout
• Develop specifications, review bid proposals and perform engineer review of equipment designs
• Supervise contractors and other 3rd parties
• Read and understand electrical schematics, modify and update
• Assist in troubleshooting problems on new and existing equipment.
• Troubleshoot, program, startup and design of control systems.
• Design processes and systems to improve quality, productivity, maintainability, and costs
• Develop control systems that improve safety, productivity and quality of production line.
• Solve complex and highly technical problems
• Provide leadership and guidance to staff through repairs and improvements of manufacturing equipment
• Ensure safety standards are met
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Prior Experience in Extrusions is a plus
• PLC, HMIs, Drives and Electrical Instrumentation equipment
• Electrical drafting with CAD software – AutoCAD preferred
• Performance driven, attention to detail, solutions oriented and analytical
• Experience in a continuous process such as aluminum extrusion and production preferred
• Technical engineering and design skills
• Demonstrated communication, organization and project management skills
- 5-7 years experience
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering