District Sales Manager (#8759) - Multiple Territories
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
Sales Manager for Engineered/Manufactured Products in Commercial Construction and Public Infrastructure Markets
Excellent Opportunity for a Sales Manager with a successful record of managing a regional territory, servicing current accounts, and aggressively growing market share with new customers. Experience selling engineered/manufactured Products in the Commercial Construction and Public Infrastructure Markets is required. Knowledge of the engineered structural mesh, rebar, post-tension, or prestressed concrete industries is strongly desired. Experience in the cast-in-place market a plus.
Products are primarily sold to manufacturers of concrete products that are used in nonresidential construction, including: bridges, roadways, tunnels, public works infrastructure, stadiums, arenas, and more.
- Works collaboratively with internal departments and manufacturing plants to deliver superior value to our customers by providing the highest quality products, competitive prices, prompt and reliable delivery, and highly personalized service.
- Develops and implements sales strategies which satisfy customer needs while achieving business plan objectives.
- Determines and negotiates customer requirements including specifications and technical issues, quantities, pricing and delivery, packaging and other product related information through direct contact with the appropriate customer functional group.
- Is responsible for pricing sheet accuracy for all respective accounts.
- Makes pricing recommendations to National Sales Manager.
- In conjunction with Inside Sales Representatives, secures necessary New Product Inquiry Information.
- Meets periodically with customers to review status of relationship and performance to customer expectations. Travels territory in an organized and systematic manner for the most profitable and economical use of time and dollar expenditures.
- Serves as a liaison on quality and technical issues and arranges visits/meetings between appropriate customer/company functions.
- Develops and presents analysis of business trends, customer relations, competitor information, and other historical/forecasting data.
- Maintains accurate records of all accounts, current, prospects, and competition.
- Prepares and submits call, itinerary, and expense reports on a weekly basis; forecasts, and territory activity reports on a monthly basis and other reports as required by National Sales Manager.
- Has an understanding of present and future market conditions based on research, customer input, broad industry analysis, economic indicators, and other factual and intuitive sources in information.
- Communicates with Inside Sales Representatives, National Sales Manager and others as necessary to inform them of all activity in the territory. Reviews territory order shortfalls with respective Inside Sales Representative on a weekly basis.
- Provides the information necessary for customer claims/concerns to be processed accurately and timely.
- Secures information for the processing of new account credit applications on a timely basis.
- Is ultimately responsible for turnover of inventory held for customers in his or her territory. Works with respective Inside Sales Representative to determine inventory levels.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Extensive professional, technical or administrative training (Bachelor's Degree) preferred; broad knowledge of marketing and sales, computer skills, and able to work in a team environment; knowledge of the engineered structural mesh and/or prestressed concrete industries is strongly desired; and a minimum of 5 years experience in similar industry or 3 years field sales experience in similar industry.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Candidate will live in or relocate to the Region served.
- Able to travel frequently: (70 – 80%).
- Duties require considerable judgment to work independently toward general results, to devise new or modify and adapt existing methods, techniques and procedures to meet new or unusual requirements and to make related decisions guided by precedent and within established policies and customer protocol.
- Embodies the highest levels of personal integrity and is responsibility for upholding the Company’s Values. Promotes sound and ethical business practices that develop trust and further the best interests of all stakeholders.