Director of Tooling (Die Shop) (#9653) - TN
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for a director of tooling.
Reports to : General Manager
The Tooling Director is responsible for managing all tooling and die maintenance operations related to aluminum extrusions to meet or exceed all productivity and quality metrics. This position requires active participation and leadership in safety, quality, and continuous improvement efforts.
- Manage the performance of the Die Shop.
- Supervise die maintenance and repair, polishing, and die change activities.
- Collaborate with production department on die repair issues.
- Responsible for staffing decisions including training and development of dept. associates and apprenticeship program.
- Manage work load in the dept. and assign jobs.
- Responsible for outsourcing decisions in support of cost or due dates.
- Interacting with customers as needed and some travel
- Recommend capital expenditures.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Establishes weekly work schedules of die shop employees
- Establishes and audits PM schedules for all equipment
- Actively participates in the recruitment and hiring of new employees
- Coordinates and/or facilitates training of employees
- Participates in daily production meetings
- Leads culture of continuous improvement
- Assist with the Jordan EHS program as requested
Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 7- plus-years’ experience on extrusion equipment commissioned after 2000.
- Able to analytically assess processes and performance
- Decision making and prioritization skills.
- Ability to motivate and influence people to achieve customer requirements.
- Strong written and verbal skills: interpersonal, inter-departmental and with outside vendors and customers.
- Leadership skills including ability to work in a team environment and maintain confidentially when needed.
- Good judgement - showing strong business acumen, decision quality, perspective and problem solving.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to problem solve, develop and implement action plans to resolve them.
- Extensive knowledge in die design and maintenance in the aluminum extrusion industry