Director of Operations (#9684) - WI
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for a director of operations to oversee extrusion, fabrication, anodizing, and production control and purchasing.
Reports to the CEO.
Direct and coordinate all manufacturing activities which include: Extrusion, Fabrication, Anodizing, Production Control and Purchasing. Associates safety is the first and foremost objective of this position. Reinforcement of the team oriented work philosophy is essential. This is a critical position to the organization and will participates in Leadership Team and Executive Management Team activities to ensure key business objectives are met. This position requires the individual to be available for nights or weekends to support these shifts. Must be comfortable functioning in a Lean Six Sigma and associate involvement environment. This position must work closely with the Director of Engineering to ensure a seamless coordination between the two groups.
- .Provide all necessary support to meet corporate safety goals and maintain a safe working environment for all associates.
- Responsible for overall manufacturing efforts in the Extrusion, Fabrication, Anodizing, Production Control, and Purchasing Departments.
- Plan, execute and responsible for all manufacturing process activities to improve operating efficiency, reduce operating costs and provide on time delivery.
- Responsible for the training and development of team members. Participate in the review and approval of all personnel appraisals and rate changes for the team.
- Insure ongoing maintenance of documentation and processes to ensure compliance with ISO 9000 and business systems.
- Provide direct supervision and mentoring to all direct reports to assure that the key business objectives are met.
- Responsible for ensuring good communication to and from all necessary team members.
- Serve a customer interface role in support of the sales team.
- Responsible for plant wide continuous improvement through Lean Six Sigma or other means.
- Support the development of the annual Strategic Business Plans.
- Coordinate short and long-range business planning for the manufacturing business units.
- Coordinate justification of new equipment and methods.
- Negotiate contracts for outside consulting firms or subcontractors as required.
- Participate in seminars, classes and other educational endeavors for continuous professional development.to assure that the key business objectives are met.
- 2 year degree in Manufacturing Processing and/or seven years related experience in process engineering procedures; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- Essential knowledge of manufacturing, Extrusion, Machining, Punching, Anodizing, Assembly, Quality, Production Control and Purchasing.
- Commitment to continued professional development is required.