Director of Operations (#9242) - TX
We are currently seeking a Director of Operations for a Forging Facility in Texas.
- Create a culture where safety and employee engagement are core business beliefs.
- Impart a sense of urgency throughout the company to meet customer and market demands, creating a customer focused organization.
- Manage the activities of the assigned Department Managers/Supervisors with respect to safety, production volume, operating expenses, quality and delivery dates.
- Work with Department Managers/Supervisors to set and establish goals used for performance measurement.
- Provide leadership to all Depart Managers/Supervisors including training, evaluation and setting clear expectations.
- Coach, counsel and mentor team members to facilitate their growth and development to assist in preparing team members for movement along their career paths.
- Display a personal and professional commitment to the continuous improvement/five step process.
- Oversee the implementation of the Theory of Constraints system.
- Provide strong leadership on all aspects of materials management and logistics activities to ensure optimum inventory and distribution costs are obtained to meet demand and quality requirements.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the business planning and goal setting process by developing, recommending, implementing and achieving operational plans, goals, budgets and capital requirements.
- Success includes the measurement of shipment on-time performance, quality levels and product cycle times.
- Work closely with the VP-GM in overall management of entire company exposure/support.
- Work with the Quality Manager to ensure all quality policies and procedures are administered correctly.
- Work with Sales and Engineering teams to facilitate new product introduction.
- Lead and conduct weekly and monthly business meetings and scorecards including managing the execution and milestones of major projects and key business metrics.
- Communicate effectively with all departments.
- Perform all other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Preferred: Bachelor Degree in Engineering or any related technical discipline.
- Relevant experience in an operations management capacity in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment.
- Expertise in best-of-industry operations management methodologies and practices.