Director of Maintenance (#9651) - TN
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for a director of maintenance.
Reports to : General Manager
The Director of Maintenance is responsible for managing all maintenance operations related to equipment and facilities to achieve 98% scheduled up-time on all equipment. This position requires active participation and leadership in safety, quality, and continuous improvement efforts.
- Manages the daily operations of maintenance
- Analyzes downtime metrics to facilitate root cause assessment and problem solving
- Communicates effectively with operations to ensure high level of maintenance support.
- Participates in establishing and works to operate within maintenance budgets for each department
- Establishes a system for improving key equipment uptime in a way that reduces maintenance burden and improves plant productivity.
- Develops maintenance department targets and KPIs.
- Safety program development and training for maintenance (LOTO, Hot Work, Etc)
- Oversees parts department and ensures availability for repairs and maintenance.
- Maintains computerized maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Develops work plans for preventative, predictive, and corrective maintenance and manages all associated maintenance activities and records.
- Oversees all facility maintenance activities to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Establishes weekly work schedules of maintenance employees
- Establishes and audits PM schedules for all equipment
- Actively participates in the recruitment and hiring of new employees and running the maintenance apprenticeship program.
- Coordinates and/or facilitates training of employees
- Leads culture of continuous improvement
- Development of capital equipment justifications for assigned areas if required
Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience maintaining aluminum extrusion equipment commissioned after 2000.
- 5-10 years’ experience managing a manufacturing maintenance operation
- Must have broad knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC, electronics, and electricity and be able to speak the language with stakeholders.
- Must have a sense of urgency
- Must have good analytical problem-solving skills and creative solution generation skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Knowledge of safety measures pertinent to each job assignment
- Great personality, able to engage people.
- Knowledge and experience with Lean techniques.
- Builds high-trust culture, where continuous feedback loops are welcomed and desired.
- Disrupts the status quo for positive improvement.
- Plans for succession
- Goes out of the way to enable change……coaching.
- Understands the value of and solicits employee involvement in decision making activity.
- Exemplary leadership ability: motivates others to change.