Die Shop Supervisor (#10045) - FL
An aluminum extrusion plant is looking for a die shop supervisor for day shift.
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of die shop team members.
• Carries out supervisor responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Ensures compliance with plant policies in Safety, Environmental, etc.
• Oversees all die shop activities.
• Trains and promotes cross-training of Die Shop team members.
• Supports overall Extrusion Department goals and objectives.
• Maintain a progressive die maintenance program.
• Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
• Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
• Implement continuous improvement activities.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience
- Prior die repair and correction experience in aluminum extrusion industry
- High school diploma or technical school/college degree preferred
- Knowledge of technical processes of aluminum extrusion