Die Maintenance Supervisor (#9232) - KY
An aluminum extrusion manufacturing plant is looking for a qualified die maintenance supervisor.
• Plans, coordinates, implements, and directs all Tooling Department activities designed to ensure the production of die repairs and renewal dies from purchased raw material to final die product.
• Requires constant physical activities throughout shift (except breaks and lunch) such as standing, walking, bending, squatting, reaching, near/far vision, pushing, pulling, lifting, and carrying aluminum products up to 50 lbs.
• Ensures the performance and quality of die components conform to established company standards.
• Interfaces with the Extrusion and Quality Departments for the approval of all die submissions for new products and engineering changes to existing products to ensure company standards.
• Coordinates with vendors to ensure purchased material meets quality and company standards.
• Formulates and maintains company objectives and coordinates objectives with pre-productions and production procedures in cooperation with other department managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
• Controls the maintenance of inspection and testing equipment/procedures for renewal and repairs die components to ensure company standards are met.
• Inspects die tooling components prior to the production process for defects, maintains and retains records of these activities.
• Standardizes department operations and planning activities.
• Maintains an up-to-date knowledge in the techniques of tool fabrication products and process technologies.
• Responsible for ensuring that employees follow all company guidelines related to health, Safety and Environmental practices.
• Develops and implements training and evaluates skill levels and development of Die Maintenance, CMM, and CNC employees.
• Performs other duties as required.
Job Related Functions:
• Reading details and schematics, organizational, supervisory, computer, mathematical, and statistical skills.
• Observes OSHA, EPA, and Company rules and regulations concerning personal safety.
• Enforces company policies.
• Regularly exposed to temperature extremes.
• Maintains and cleans work area and reports maintenance problems.
• Responsible for kaizen and 5S in Tooling Section.
• College degree or 3-5 years of experience preferred in tooling, aluminum extrusion or casting products production for the automotive industry.
• Knowledge of metal machining and machining practices, inspection methods and processes, GD&T, TS16949.