Design Engineer (#6807) - Upper Midwest
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
• Oversee and assist design technicians in preparing shop and erection drawings for compliance with engineering design.
• Provide support to the production and erection departments.
• Provide technical and engineering support to evaluate, troubleshoot and improve manufacturing of precast products utilizing engineering knowledge of product design, materials and processes.
• Design the various precast concrete components manufactured by the Company in conformance with the project documents. This design shall incorporate the latest codes and design philosophies appropriate for the component involved as directed.
• Designs may be preliminary or application review of projects during the bidding or developmental stages to assist the sales and estimating departments in preparing proposals or answering customer questions.
• During the design of the precast components, review the erection drawings for conformance to the contract documents. This shall include project specifications, if applicable.
• Sign and seal drawings if necessary
• Assist the sales department in the design phase of a project. Work with customers, engineers, architects, owners and developers to promote the Company’s products.
• Professional Engineer (P.E.) with ability to acquire license in additional states as needed.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering required.
• Experience with AutoCAD, 3D Modeling and BIM software is preferred.
• Five (5) years of precast design experience is preferred.
• Sales assist experience preferred.
• Ability to travel 10% of the time.