Controls Manager (#9754) - Wisconsin
An aluminum extrusion plant is looking for a controls manager candidate.
Growing Aluminum Extrusion Company is seeking for a hands-on people orientated leader with excellent leadership skills to fill the Controls Manager position. This individual will manage all aspects of our programs for the automated systems including electronic controls for machines and work on the upgrading of manufacturing equipment which includes rewriting programs to better meet production needs according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance indexes.
- Ensures work areas are safe for team members and customers at all times.
- Write, edit, and improve PLC programs for new and existing equipment.
- Document and record all changes made to PLC programs including reasons for change.
- Provide high-level troubleshooting for all controls and electrical systems.
- Modify and develop HMI/SCADA applications.
- Manage Historian and Production Reports.
- Uses Allen Bradley systems, VFD’s, PLC’s hardware and software, AC/DC circuits, 40-20 mA circuits & 440 MCC’s to perform jobs effectively.
- Uses and operates RTD calibrators, mA calibrators, T/C calibrators, digital and analog multi-meters and laptops for equipment communication and troubleshooting.
- Writes code and demonstrates a working knowledge of RS Logic and other PLC’s.
- Prioritizes daily work orders/assignments while balancing daily breakdowns.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled electrical repairs of production equipment during production times and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Assists with installing machines properly according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance service.
- Works collaboratively with multifunctional maintenance department.
- Efficiently uses parts, materials and other supplies and notifies the correct person when supplies run low.
Properly wears required Personal Protective Equipment.
- Manufacturing environment.
- May have exposure to hazardous substances commonly associated with extrusion, paint and fabrication processes. See MSDS for specific information.
- Overtime may be required.
May work under high-pressure deadlines.
- B.S. Degree in an electrical or technical field and strong knowledge of industrial electrical normally acquired through five (5) years of experience in a similar position required
5 five years of system programming experience including: PLC ladder logic, HMI screens, data collection, PLC networking, motor drives, and servo motion control.
Specific Software Qualifications:
- Rockwell RSLogix (500, 5000), Studio 5000, Siemens STEP 7, Factorytalk View ME and SE, Inductive Automation Ignition, Siemens Simatic WinCC, RSView 32 (ME, SE), RSNetworx, Panelbuilder 32, Asset Centre, RSlinx, CCW, Vantage Point (excel add-ins), Excelsius, AutoCAD or equivalent, Windows (XP, 2000 Professional, 7) Windows Office Suite
- Proven knowledge of electrical concepts in hydraulics and pneumatics required.
- Ability to do a failure analysis.
- Ability to retrofit relay-based control systems with PLC and VFD system integration, install and program VFD drives and integration into PLC’s, and VFD and PLC integration on LAN system.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical blueprints and schematics.
- Can read and edit AB PLC programs.
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical, servo controls, VFD and PLC diagnosis.