Controls Engineer (#9316) - SC
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Controls Engineer for a Metal Stamping facility located in SC.
Oversee all PLC’s and perform required processes in an efficient and in a cost conscious manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all required maintenance of automation programs and make changes as needed.
- Aids in the development of the automation continuous improvement.
- Troubleshoot electrical problems using electrical schematics, programs, and meters.
- Complete responsibility in safety PLC procedures.
- Supervises the line rate efficiency to getting a better result through PLC changes.
- Develop the training program for maintenance employees.
- Supervises the robot operation to detect opportunities to reduce line cycle time.
- Design ladder circuits in PLC in order to get a better result in line efficiency rate.
- Develop technical illustrations (isometric) as needed.
- Consult with customers, supplier and other departments, as needed.
- Develop off-line PLC, Safety PLC & PLS programming.
- Supports Operational Performance Metrics and meets targets for improvement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Electrical Engineering (Electrical/Computer engineering preferred) and 5 years’ experience required or at least 10 of job related technical experience/proven expertise working in a highly automated manufacturing environment role.
- 5 years experience in programming/troubleshooting PLC application software for manufacturing processes.
- Involvement in process and procedure and what level of proficiency.
- Exposure to specific systems and/or equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Hands on experience with Fanuc and Motoman robotics
- ABB robot and Siemens PLC experience required.
- Laser and resistance welding
- Effectively able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Clear understanding of Lean Principals and Tools.