Concrete Superintendent (#9674) - Virginia
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
We're searching for a Concrete Superintendent.
The Concrete Superintendent will work with a crew to promote the organizations of programs throughout all levels of the company. A successful Concrete Superintendent should be detail-oriented, able to multi-task, organized and have excellent communication skills. He/she should have general knowledge of the OSHA rules & regulations as they pertain to the industry.
- Identify long lead items that need to be expedited through the project schedule process.
- Identify problems early and act immediately to provide solutions.
- Hold individuals/contractors accountable for deliverables and promises.
- Manage the work to ensure installation is in compliance with and conforms approved contract documents.
- Must understand & implement basic concrete principles such as concrete mix designs, admixtures, curing, cold and hot weather procedures for concrete placing and finishing, formwork systems, etc.
- Ensure complete and accurate daily documentation of work orders/ticket work.
- Adhere to safety standards and ensures that trade and subcontractor sites comply with our safety standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Supervise and develop hourly man-power labor.
- Determine the sequence of work; maintain and submit 3 Week Look-Ahead schedules; communicate updates and impacts to schedule with the PM on a daily basis.
Manage all concrete structures to include: foundations, elevated formwork cycles, cranes, layout and controls, placement, consolidating and finishing concrete best practices.
- B.S. in Construction Management preferred or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years professional experience in the construction industry.
- MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE in the concrete industry.
- Proficiency in industry practices, processes, and standards.
- Must be competent at performing complete and accurate project take offs.
- Knowledge of OSHA, federal and state regulations.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret contract documents including drawings, specifications, scopes of work, and the project schedule and blueprints.