Concrete Project Manager (#9676) - Florida
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
We're searching for a Project Manager with Concrete / Tilt-Up experience.
The Project Manager will act as a liaison between the Superintendent and clients & between the Superintendent and contractors/vendors. This person will be responsible for preparing and maintaining progress schedules, preparing monthly progress payments, preparing change orders, checking shop drawings, negotiating bids, and preparing cost and progress reports. This position will require a high degree of autonomy and decision making with respect to decisions that may ultimately affect the schedule and profitability on assigned projects.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
- Opportunity to work for a fast-growing company.
- Be part of an organization that provides its employees with the opportunity to grow and be successful.
Work for an innovative company that utilizes top of the line, high-quality equipment.
- Negotiate various bid packages.
- Establish relationships with clients/subcontractors to enhance the ability to perform negotiated work.
- Recommend strategies to improve project profitability/quality & implement strategies as directed.
- Set-up schedules for work by establishing goals and priorities for daily work and long-range goals
- Allocate all labor costs codes and apply accurate quantities put in place to proper cost codes to establish unit costs, plot actual costs weekly against estimated costs, and identify cost deviation trends.
- Punch-outs, Close-outs, and Change orders.
- Analyzes job risks and develops solutions to eliminate those risks.
- Enforces safety with peers and subordinates.
- Ability to see projects through to completion on time and within budget.
Building and maintaining relationships with clients and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management preferred.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawing & specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline 2.
- 10 + years experience in the commercial concrete industry.
- Experience with Excel and construction software/programs
- Effective communication, leadership and decision-making abilities
- Complete understanding of financial, scheduling, and risk management processes
- Ability to work autonomously
Attention to detail
Desired Experience and Traits:
- Drafting ability (Auto CAD)
- Ability to be proactive