Concrete Project Manager (#7687) - Texas
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
Concrete Project Manager Needed for Large Self-Perform GC
Concrete Project Manager
UEG’s client partner is seeking a Self-Perform Concrete Project Manager with a minimum of at least 5+ years of commercial concrete construction experience for our Dallas region. This individual will be ultimately responsible for the day to day execution, project controls, project engineering, cost, risk and business management of multiple projects.
Management will be of commercial concrete projects within our core markets: Healthcare, Advanced Technology, Biopharmaceutical and Corporate Office. Self-Perform Project Managers will work closely with all members of the Self Perform Concrete Team, GC Project Team, Subcontractors and Vendors, and will be responsible for the following:
• Weekly quantity update and review of job cost reports.
• Issue RFI’s.
• Work with estimators and assist with design and constructability reviews on projects currently in preconstruction.
• Issue subcontract agreements and purchase orders as needed to assist Concrete Estimator.
• Management of all project team members (Project engineers, Superintendents, and Foreman).
• 100% detailed/hands-on knowledge of Project Scope.
• Monthly project billings.
• Change Management, including pricing and maintenance of change order log.
• Complete understanding of cost estimating, budgeting, and forecasting.
• Accountable for project completion and financials, Critical Success Factors, Customer Satisfaction Results.
• Assist Concrete Estimator and Superintendent in project buyout and material procurement.
• Understanding of Owner Contracts in regards to SPW.
• Conduct weekly safety audits.
• Work with estimators and project teams to identify potential areas of SPW.
• Compile project turnover binders for all projects.
• Review and process submittals and shop drawings.
• SPW MSR monthly updates.
• Develop site specific quality control plans and quality control posters.
• Maintain project documents and distribute to project teams.
• Participate in project job walks.
• Review and assist the Superintendent in development of project schedules and 3 week schedules.
• Assist with monthly hours and labor projections.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
• Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills
• Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
• Ability to create and support team morale
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management software (Prolog or similar). Accounting cost management software (CMIC or similar) and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
• 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager, preferably with Concrete Construction
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management of Engineering or related field (not required).
• A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.