Concrete Estimator - Bay Area (#10431) - Bay Area
Industry: Construction Management
Industry: General Contractors
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
GC Seeks Concrete Estimator
Our self-perform GC client is seeking a bright, energetic and organized person with at least 5 years of experience to work with our Northern California Self-Performed Concrete Group. This person will work on commercial projects within our core markets: Healthcare, Advanced Technology, Biopharmaceutical and Corporate Office. Estimators must be able to handle a high volume of work in a timely and efficient manner with a keen attention to detail. This individual must have strong people skills and will work closely with our preconstruction personnel, Project Teams, Architects, Engineers, Owners, and Subcontractors and to provide timely, accurate estimates for all types of concrete work.
The description of the position will encompass but not be limited to:
• Meet with Preconstruction and Project teams to get complete understanding of scopes of work to be priced
• Develop detail and accurate take-offs of the work from the contract plans
• Comprehend all project specifications, scope limits, and project constraints and be able to incorporate this into the pricing
• Define sub-scopes of work to be subcontracted and develop relationships with subcontractors to solicit complete responsive pricing from the subcontractors to incorporate into our pricing.
• Develop complete and accurate estimates including all pricing that are ready for review by Managers.
• Develop proposal documents for the estimate
• Track and update vendor information
• Develop strategies for increasing productivity
• Track estimating results and success rates
• Able to read and understand contract plans and specification
• Understanding of concrete scope of work including structural and site work.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Good verbal and written skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work as a Team-player and independently
• Requires regular attendance
• Computer competency in MS Word, Excel, Timberline and/or Quick Bid
• 4 years college education, not required but beneficial
• Minimum 5 years of experience in concrete construction
• Fast paced
• Minimum direction and supervision at times
• Collaborative team
• Excellent $ range DOE, vehicle allowance, 401K + matching, outstanding health benefits, bonus and PTOApply for this position. Apply for this position.