Senior Concrete Estimator (#9638) - Texas
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
Commercial Concrete Contractor seeks Senior Estimator.
The Estimator is responsible for analysis of project plans, specifications, soils reports and other related project information then determines cost estimates including, but not limited to, materials, labor rates and hours, equipment, supplier costs, and subcontractor costs to prepare bid proposals.
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates for bidding purposes, management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost-effectiveness.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Obtains support and commitment to the cost estimates through interfacing with other individuals in the organization.
- Assists as necessary in organizing and managing a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- All employees, current and former, must maintain confidentiality by not disclosing to others any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information belonging to the Company.
- Responsible and accountable for the incumbent’s own personal safety.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of all co-workers and any others incumbent encounters.
- Authorized and obligated to stop work on any task or series of tasks whenever an unsafe condition or situation is anticipated or is observed.
- Complies with all applicable laws, regulations and Company policies and procedures, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Reports all violations of applicable laws, regulations or Company policies and procedures promptly, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
Performs other related administrative and technical duties as may be assigned or requested by immediate supervision (such as certification training, safety training, procedure review, etc.).
- B.S. Degree in Construction Management or related discipline.
- 10 years field/estimating experience in commercial concrete construction or equivalent work experience.
- Prior work experience in structural and light commercial concrete required.
- Successful candidates must have the ability to interact/communicate effectively with others.
- A relatively high level of analytical ability is required for project efficiency.
- Excellent computer skills required including: Microsoft Office, ICE, Timberline, or Quest.
- Ability to perform in a high-stress situation and meet deadlines.