Compliance Auditor / Training Coordinator (#10357) - Florida
Industry: Warehousing and Logistics
Assist in the development and implementation of all Safety/PSM/RMP compliance policies and programs.
The Compliance Auditor/Training Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Environmental Compliance and the Director of Safety seeking the continuous development of policies and procedures as it relates to Federal, State and Local Environmental codes and regulations as well as effective implementation of these policies. The Compliance Auditor/Training Coordinator is responsible for adherence to the workplace safety, training & compliance programs and culture in place. This position utilizes the resources and activities of the organization to support safety & compliance programs by providing advice and guidance to Plant Engineers, Safety Managers & Facility management. The primary challenge is to continually maintain an OSHA and/or EPA inspection ready Safety & PSM process programs. Provide professional knowledge and expertise in the administration and support of safety & compliance processes for all facilities and to include any other regulatory agency compliance.
No direct supervisory responsibility but may be responsible for leading projects or mentoring other team members skill development.
● Assist in preparing, modifying & maintaining all safety training programs related to OSHA, EPA, and STATE regulations
● Assist in the development and implementation of all Safety/PSM/RMP compliance policies and programs which bear critical importance to overall corporate objectives, operations and profitability of the various divisions.
● Assist with individual facility compliance with all OSHA, EPA and State Regulations pertaining to company operations while maintaining awareness of OSHA, EPA and State amendments and make recommendations for their implementation.
● Assist in the review of internal policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate; conduct hazard and risk assessments and develop new or, where necessary, make recommendations to the Director of Compliance & Director of Safety to amend safety policies and procedures.
● Works with and assists regulatory agencies as required.
● Investigates and resolves safety & compliance problems, questions or complaints received internally or from government regulatory agencies or other sources.
● Assist in preparing training programs related to OSHA, EPA, and STATE regulations
● Provide support and training materials for location Safety Managers, Facility Managers & Plant Engineers.
● Able to conduct PSM & OSHA Audits for all locations.
● Strive to maintain a culture reflective of a commitment to a compliant and accident free workplace.
● Provide regular communications, as well as other related results and updates to the Director of Compliance & Director of Safety
● Stay abreast of current and emerging technical and professional aspects of this position.
● Must have a valid driver’s license to accommodate travel to facilities
● Other duties as assigned
● High school diploma or its equivalent
● Minimum of two years of computer and work experience preferred
Skills & Qualifications
● Ability to remain calm and focused while prioritizing requests from multiple sources
● Ability to maintain and ensure confidentiality of team member and company information
● Accuracy and attention to detail
● Proficient in computer usage to include email, word processing, spreadsheets
● Knowledge of computer software and applications
● Ability to accommodate flexible schedules to meet the needs of the customer to include overtime, nights, weekends and holidays as required
● Ability to utilize equipment for the job (such as computers, cell phone, copiers, scanners, printers, etc)
● Ability to Travel - 50% - 75%
● Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs occasionally
● Must be able to sit on an almost continual basis and stand, walk, bend, or squat on an occasional basis in a normal office environment
● Able to sit, stand, walk bend, squat on a frequent to continual basis in a refrigerated warehouse environment
● Able to adjust to fluctuating temperatures and withstand freezing temperatures as low as -20 degrees Fahrenheit
● Ability to work in a noisy warehouse environment
● Able to work while wearing appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for the job (such as steel-toed protective footwear, harness, safety glasses, hard hat, gloves, insulated clothing, etc)
● Ability to physically be near products which may contain food allergens (such as fish, shellfish, peanuts, etc.)
● Frequent to continual usage of keyboard and monitorApply for this position.