CNC Programmer (#9461) - Pennsylvania
We're searching for a CNC Programmer for a Forging facility.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Write and verify code to automate CNC lathes, horizontal and vertical boring mills, and five axis machining centers used in the machining of large forgings for critical applications. Continually identify and implement process improvements resulting in better quality and productivity.
- Create instructions for machinist.
- Create and review 3D models of finished product.
- Translate verbal and written instructions into computer automated manufacturing (CAMS) programs.
- Analyze job order and performs necessary calculations. This includes: making calculations for programs; including where materials should be cut, drilled, bored, honed, etc.
- Prepare geometric layout of designs using proper software.
- Determine proper sequence of operations within programs.
- Analyze and select proper speeds, feeds, and choose cutting tools for programs.
- Communicate with machine operators who will utilize said programs.
- Check completed programs by running simulations and/or tests.
- Write, analyze and modify existing programs for increased efficiencies, including improved setup times for a task and contouring of complex shapes.
- Monitor all programs to ensure they follow blueprint instructions to safely complete the tasks.
- Simplify tooling time for operators to increase productivity.
- Provide training on new systems and equipment as required.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations.
- Participate in other special projects for the department.
Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred Associates (2-year) Degree in CNC programming or a related mechanical field.
- 5 years CNC Machine programming.
- Knowledge of Fanuc controllers and machine tools.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent reading, written, verbal listening, and overall communication and comprehension skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, charts, tables, other written instructions, and various symbols regarding tolerances, surface finishes, etc.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have good problem solving, organizational, time management, and planning skills.
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Strong analytical, geometrical, and shop math skills.
- Attention to detail required.
- Willingness to continue education within field of expertise.