CMM Programmer (#8752) - IL
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a CMM Programmer for a Metal Stamping facility in IL.
The CMM Operator is responsible for the operation of a Global 7107 FX model coordinate measuring machine with PC-DMIS (CAD++) software. The CMM Operator must have a firm understanding of GD&T and the ability to import and program from CAD models. This position reports to the Quality Assurance Manager and is responsible for performing layouts, first and last piece and in-process inspections.
• Perform CMM layouts and inspections where actual results are compared with customer requirements and specifications.
• Record results on appropriate forms and documentation.
• Performs and maintains inspection data or special capability studies. Interpret and effectively communicate results and recommend required adjustments to tooling and manufacturing personnel.
• Operate measuring equipment including calipers, micrometers, height gauges and CMM.
• Perform production inspection on in-process parts; relate all information, non-conformances to appropriate personnel.
• Acts as a liaison between company and our customers relating inspection and GD&T data.
• Collaborates with supplier representatives in inspection results and statistical tools to improve process performance.
• Supports APQP and Quality Engineering in inspection data collection as required.
• Support product/process transfers to appropriate other manufacturing facilities.
• Associates degree desirable in Engineering or Quality Assurance disciplines.
• MINIMUM 2 years of progressive Quality Assurance experience in the electronics, manufacturing, automotive or process engineering field. Record of success in the fast-paced, automotive, contract manufacturing (stamping) and production environments is required.
• Knowledge of ISO 9000 / TS16949 requirements.
• Extensive metrology and GD&T skills. Expert statistical knowledge and back round with hands-on experience with analysis methods.
• The candidate must possess strong problem solving, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, and a high level of energy, motivation, maturity, commitment and integrity.
• ASQ Certification is desired. Background in the advanced Quality tools such as Failure Modes Effect Analysis (FMEA), GD&T, SPC, Root Cause Analysis, and Mistake Proofing/Poke Yoke.
• Strong Computer Literacy (Word, Excel, and Outlook)