Civil Designer (#13000) - South East
United Employment Group is seeking a Civil Designer in the South East Region
This position is responsible for preparing drawings and sketches using CAD workstations, appropriate design criteria, and technical manuals often working closely with engineers to coordinate designs. The candidate has basic knowledge of procedures and technical concepts within own area, and applies technical skills gained through some formal education or on-the-job training. He/she applies technology under the direction of others. The candidate evaluates and resolves problems by applying appropriate solution from pre-determined list. This position follows detailed guidelines, drawings and instructions to complete routine technical tasks.
• Typically takes a personal lead in completing daily tasks and understanding personal task requirements.
• Demonstrates familiarity with basic CAD operations such that the individual is capable of functioning on the project team.
• Checks own work for errors and omissions prior to submittal to reviewer.
• Demonstrates familiarity with standard software.
• Demonstrates familiarity with using CAD standards, drawing management system and plotting software.
• Reads and follows project’s automation plan.
• Accesses and applies the Automation eLearning demonstration videos at the introductory level.
• Develops familiarity with basic 3D Modeling.
• An Associate’s degree in Design or Drafter, or trade school is preferred
• High school diploma or 1 year of experience equivalent is required
• Previous experience in the use of AutoCAD, MicroStation, InRoads, or Geopak preferred
• Good written and verbal communication skills including the proficient use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, etc.) is required
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Exhibits planning and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure on multiple project deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to see a project through to completion
• Excellent attention to detailing of complex civil design components