Chief Engineer (#9662) - Delaware
Industry: Food Manufacturing
Industry: Transportation and Distribution
Industry: Warehousing and Logistics
Ensure the safe and efficient operation of the facilities refrigeration systems, material handling equipment, and maintain all aspects of facility infrastructure and grounds.
JOB TITLE: Chief Engineer
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Ensure maximum operating efficiency, minimal downtime, and conformity with all company, state, and federal health & safety rules. Position reports directly to the facility manager; position exercises discretionary decision making.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Perform duties to plan, schedule, supervise, operate, maintain, and repair as needed; Responds to all anticipated emergencies; Keeps all necessary records for all refrigeration, electrical, automatic sprinkler, hot water, compressed air and fire systems.
MANDATORY JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Capable of typing.
- Have good arithmetic skills.
- Capable of following verbal and written instructions.
- Available to work various shifts.
- Capable of standing and walking extended periods of time.
- Understand and follow company policy as stated in the employee handbook.
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must communicate well both written and orally
Ability to use a computer and computer software including: Microsoft Word and Excel
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of the facilities refrigeration systems, material handling equipment, and maintain all aspects of facility infrastructure and grounds
- Train and Manage daily tasks of maintenance personnel
- Schedule and manage facility projects
- Train all employees in various safety and regulatory compliance topics.
- Must be able to be on call for emergency calls when needed.
- Participate on an Emergency Response Team.
- Establish and maintain a high level of professionalism that supports collaboration and problem solving while building strong working relationships with various stakeholders including facility management, subordinates, and vendors.
- Responsible for all building and refrigeration maintenance.
- Responsible for all refrigeration operations.
- Ensures that all OSHA and EPA operational requirements and regulations are met.
- Supervise contractors and approval of contractor bills for payment.
Responsible for submission of the yearly budget for operations and maintenance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- High School Degree preferred
- RETA Certified Recommended
- Must pass Emergency Response Physical. (Lung Capacity and Auditory Testing are conducted annually)
- Minimum of 5years experience including 2 years in a senior position.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulatory compliance programs including but not limited to OSHA Process Safety Management and EPA Risk Management Programs.
- Working knowledge of the public refrigerated warehouse (PRW) industry.
- Working knowledge of industrial refrigeration systems (e.g. anhydrous ammonia)
- Working knowledge of the functions of various material handling equipment (e.g. forklifts, pallet jacks, lead acid batteries, battery chargers, etc.).
- Knowledge of capital and major repair budgeting.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and P&IDs.
- Knowledge of refrigeration control systems, microprocessors, and asset management systems (e.g. Infor EAM).
- Knowledge of mechanics and mechanical skills.
- Stand, walk; use hands and feet to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear.
- Use of scanners, telephones, and warehouse machinery.
- The employee must be capable of occasionally lifting a minimum of 70 lbs.
- Work longer hours as needed to satisfy the customer and daily and seasonal requirements.
- Drive a registered motor vehicle to satisfy daily requirements.
- Able to lift and move product above head.
- Have acceptable and/or correctable vision.
- Work in an atmosphere range of + 50 to - 30 degrees F.
- The noise level in the work area is usually moderate - high.
- Personal interaction and communication required to and from other people is extremely high.