Cast House Manager (#8910) - MS
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for a cast house manager.
Directs and coordinates activities concerned with production of company product(s) by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Consults with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Conducts hearings to resolve or effect settlement of grievances and refers unresolved grievances for management union negotiations.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
- Follows safe work procedures.
- Bachelors degree in Metallurgy or Material Scienices with a minimum of five years progressive management experience.
- Direct casting experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience working with ERP systems a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Analytical and detail oriented
Salary 85-120k with profit based bonus incentive. Relocation assistance available.Apply for this position.