Business Development Manager (#9351) - Texas
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
Business Development Manager Needed In Commercial Concrete
Our client is a leader in the commercial concrete construction industry seeking a Business Development Manager in Southeast Texas and the Houston market. Our clients’ projects range $1 million to $50 million of self-perform concrete work.
The manager of Business Development will lead Business Development efforts in Texas, coordinate the preconstruction phase and target various markets including high-rise, structural, mid-rise, podiums, parking structures, stadium, commercial, retail Spaces, hospitality and more. The objective of this position is to build new business for the company. The business development manager must provide appropriate leadership in pursuing projects and preconstruction management services by collaborating with the preconstruction/estimating teams, operations teams, and senior management.
Salary Range: $125-$150K
• Promote the services of the company to customers, decision makers and influencers within the construction industry.
• Identify projects and prospects and pursue such work in an effort to secure backlog for the company.
• Communicate within the company of potential business opportunities.
• Provide feedback on the perception of outside customers and influencers about the company.
• Seek Business opportunities for the firm including turnkey packages & Special Projects Group.
• Spend the majority of time outside the firm making contacts with Developers, General Contractors, Architects, and Engineers.
• Research and gather information on potential clients and projects in Texas.
• Schedule meetings with new/existing clients to discover project information.
• Develop and maintain a strong business network.
• Participate in client organizations, and stay actively involved in professionals and community organizations.
• Work with estimating staff to develop proposals.
• Strong understanding of A/E/C industry terminology and delivery methods.
• Strong technical skill within the concrete industry.
• Excellent organizational and presentation skills.
• Persistent and follow through in a consistent manner.
• Generate partnering opportunities; design-build, value engineering efforts and create solutions for the project approach.
• Comprehensive knowledge of firm’s practice, clientele, goals, policies, and procedures.
• Preferred: Familiar with the construction marketplace (Developers, GCs, and A&E firms).
• Bachelor’s degree and 15 years of experience within the concrete construction industry.
• Past experience in construction management, A/E/C is preferred.