Business Development Manager (#9027) - Midwest
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
PCI Certified Plant seeking Business Development Manager to grow their Midwest business
Engage customer representatives such as contractors, engineers, architects, or other individuals and promote the Company’s products; convince prospective customers of the suitability and desirability of using precast concrete products in buildings or other required structures. Bid specific jobs through general contractors based on project drawings and other required documents.
Essential Job Functions
• Conduct meetings with customer, architect and contractor representatives to determine engineering and architectural specifications, design modifications and other technical matters pertaining to the structures required to suit the customers’ needs.
• Review drawings, prints and other customer documents to develop the necessary understanding of the scope and requirements of the project in order to provide guidance to the estimating group and develop the appropriate information for the bid documents.
• Make judgments involving engineering and economic principles, and calculations to persuade potential customers and architects of the practical value of the precast concrete products in lieu of other building or structural materials.
• Engage in design assist activities to promote Company’s products.
• Provide technical assistance to interpret, analyze and resolve installation and field related issues.
• Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Company’s products and keep well informed of new technical developments as they relate to the future of the Company’s business.
• Prepare reports, maintain records, files and reference material incidental to the projects.
• Call on potential customers, contractors, architectural and engineering firms to develop positive relationships to promote future sales.
• This position requires a college degree in an engineering, architectural, business, marketing or related discipline.
• A minimum of five years of technical sales experience in the construction or a related field.
• Sufficient knowledge and understanding of precast products and applications in order to represent the Company in a sales responsibility.
• Business development experience preferred.