Regional Maintenance Manager (#10026) - FL
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking a Regional Maintenance Manager in FL.
Reporting to the Block Operations Manager and this position is responsible for overseeing and managing the maintenance activities of the regional block plants and mobile equipment.
The primary function of this position is to provide direction and leadership to the Maintenance team while ensuring the performance and safety standards are maintained including optimization of the equipment reliability/productivity, utilization of system capability, implementation of process improvements, reducing costs, and providing effective leadership.
- Drives maintenance schedule and tracks maintenance program performance. maintains equipment availability required to meet or exceed established key performance indicators
- Oversees the troubleshooting of technical problems in the plant; provides direction as required
- Oversees the coordination of technical projects with suppliers, engineering firms, manufacturers, contractors and all departments within the company
- Reviews overall maintenance results for compliance with safety and industry standards and specifications
- Ensures regulatory and environmental compliance with regard to all equipment, personnel, and facilities
- Applies approved preventative maintenance measures maximizing efficiencies while controlling costs
- Leads, teaches, mentors, and manages maintenance team and work processes to establish and maintain standard operating procedures
- Serves as safety champion to promote safe behavior and wellness
- Manages operating budget while focusing upon optimization and reduction of plant costs
- Oversees the preparation of capital budget compilation, maintenance and reporting
- Provides project management direction to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Manages the training and development of skills, knowledge and abilities within the department
- Advises supervisors of labor issues including safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, training, etc.
- Multi-skilled professional mechanic with experience in repair and maintenance of machinery, both electronic and mechanical, such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, production machines, hydraulics and pneumatics, mobile equipment, HVAC, welding, and other plant equipment.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience maintaining equipment in an industrial or commercial setting
- 5-7 years supervisory or management experience working in manufacturing or industrial setting required
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, college degree in related field preferred
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize responsibilities effectively
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines, assist in the resolution of technical problems, and manage ambiguous information effectively
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including verbal, written and electronic communication
- Ability to deal professionally with others and to create constructive working relationships and an overall positive working environment
- Project management skills and knowledge of basic financial analysis
- Proficiency with MS Office software and working knowledge of fleet maintenance software, including DataStream, and computerized maintenance management systems
- Good math skills, ability to compile, process, and analyze data
- Ability to travel within the state daily, other travel as needed, must possess and maintain acceptable driving record
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays, nights and weekends as needed
- Physical job requirements include working outdoors with exposure to heat and cold, constant standing and walking, climbing, working from heights and lifting up to 50 lbs