Block Machine Operator (#8371) - MN
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
Summary: Operate and maintain block equipment; assemble and maintain molds for dry cast production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The basic responsibilities of the Block Plant Machine Operator includes, but not limited to the following:
- Ensure production work is accurate, timely and consistent with work instructions/procedures.
- Comply with company quality objectives.
- Maintain organization, discipline, and structure of Company policies/House Rules.
- Conduct physical inventories as required to ensure accuracy of perpetual inventory. Interface with office staff on production needs. Ensure proper quantities and counts.
- Provide machine operation and process training to employees.
- Work on production line as required in manufacturing and packaging areas of facility. Possess ability to operate all plant production equipment.
- Operate forklift to transport manufactured items from production areas to warehouse as well as load and unload trucks in shipping area as needed.
- Assemble and maintain molds used for production.
- Complete preventive maintenance tasks of manufacturing equipment and request needed parts to repair said equipment.
- Operate and maintain curing equipment such as boilers and water softeners.
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager.
Qualifications: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have a High school diploma or GED Diploma.
Post-Secondary education a plus.
At least five years manufacturing and/or packaging experience helpful.
Ability to drive forklift.
Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
Basic mechanical ability necessary.
Must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
Basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division skills are necessary to fill out production sheets and to determine batching procedures.
Understanding of manufacturing equipment and processes required.
Some experience with manufacturing/production computerized batching/PLC systems.
Ability to do basic computer functions is desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Forklift training as required by OSHA.