Besser Block Plant Manager (#8358) - CA
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Block Plant Manager will have daily responsibility for managing the workforce, productivity, cost control, continuous process improvement, health and safety, as well as employee training.
Block Plant Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensure the efficient management of operations of a multiple shift concrete block production facility
- Optimize efficiency, productivity and equipment performance in order to meet objectives within the block plant
- Ensure the proper functioning of concrete block making equipment and identify potential problems;
- Act as a leader in terms of continuous improvement and change management;
- Ensure compliance with Standards and Operation Procedures
- Analyze data drawn from production reports in order to identify possible improvements, reduce losses and the number of breakdowns as well as improve efficiency;
- Communicate, implement and apply company policies and procedures;
- Motivate employees, be a positive source of influence, lead by example;
- Develop a training plan and ensure succession planning.
- Ensure the product quality standards are met through inspections and material testing procedures.
- Manage capital improvement projects including design, engineering, scheduling, purchasing, budgets and installation.
- Administer company safety program ensuring compliance with required training and OSHA safety procedures.
- Oversee the production planning, staffing, and day-to-day manufacturing operations in a cost-effective manner, accurately track and record KPI’s, troubleshoot and resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays
Block Plant Manager Requirements:
- 7+ years of management experience in the concrete products industry; specifically concrete block production
- Min. of 5 years of Besser Block equipment experience
- B.S. in business or construction management
- Master Blockmaker preferred
- Excellent proven leadership and change management skills;
- Ability to quickly establish credibility to develop and maintain excellent business relations both internally and externally;
- Mechanically inclined with excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Strong abilities in planning, organizing, project management, and problem solving;
- Able to work flexible schedules including nights and weekends when necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience with of Microsoft Office tools and ERP systems;
- Experience with Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing