Automation Technician (#9298) - FL
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking an Automation Technician for a facility in Florida.
The Automation technician is responsible for the building, debug and maintenance of mechanical pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical components of automation machines and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Visually inspects machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to problem area.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of automation systems.
- Realigns and adjusts components.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
- Repairs broken parts; sets up and operates metalworking tools such as drill press or surface grinder to make or repair parts.
- Assemble new automation equipment.
- Practice good housekeeping, maintain a clean work area to minimize the risk of personal injury, equipment damage, or the manufacture of non-conforming product.
- Follow safety rules as outlined in the Associate Handbook.
- Proper use of materials and related safety equipment.
- Identify and communicate any unsafe equipment or working conditions.
- Work overtime and shift work as required.
- Show willingness to share acquired job skills with team.
- Work independently, if required with minimum supervision or as a team member.
- Promote a team environment with a positive attitude.
- Participate in QS 9000 and continuous improvement requirements.
- Adhere to all Safety Procedures and Accountabilities (Ref. 1.003.005).
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Reviews project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, and objectives.
- Set up and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors.
- Must be able to install, maintain, and troubleshoot Press controllers, Press Safety Equipment, Die Protection Systems, and Programable Logic Control Systems.
- Analyzes indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives, and modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Four years related manufacturing experience, automotive industry preferred.
- Understanding of QS 9000 quality systems preferred.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Team Oriented Problem Solving 8-D Format Training desired.
Ability to communicate effectively with both associates and managers. Ability to read, analyze and interpret basic documents. Responsible for proper documentation on production maintenance sheets. Notify proper individuals about quality, productivity and processes, supply issues and/or actions to correct issues.
Ability to comprehend and apply basic mathematics.
Ability to be apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The Associate is regularly required to stand and smell; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The Associate is occasionally required to sit. The Associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is inside a central heat and air-conditioned building. The Associate is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The Associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is high.Apply for this position.