Automation Tech - Closed Die Forging (#7556) - Texas
New forging cells and automation will bring technological advances that include the use of robots, integrated safety systems, industrial networking and equipment integration.
This key position will help transition the Maintenance Department to a proactive organization that will help facilitate a smooth startup of the new equipment and provide maintenance support on an on‐going basis for the facility.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential)
1. Create, guide, and maintain all maintenance activities related to any and all plant automation, including equipment and networks.*
2. Monitor and oversee preventive and predictive maintenance related to electrical and automated systems.*
3. Oversee documentation and drawings related to equipment controls, automation networking, plant electrical, etc.
4. Oversee robot technicians (dotted line) and develop standard procedures for maintenance and servicing of automated equipment.*
5. Support operations by being active and involved in daily problem solving as well as developing projects as a result of the problem solving.*
6. Manage contractors related to automation and electrical preventive maintenance and repair.*
7. Oversee equipment updates and repair related to automation and electrical controls.*
8. Work on other projects as assigned.*
Job Specifications (Work Experience, Skills, Abilities, etc.)
Minimum 10 years’ experience required within a progressive maintenance role or Bachelor’s degree required in an engineering field of study with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience. Trade / vocational education preferred.
- Experience in heavy lifting industry preferred.
- Proven ability working with Lean manufacturing principles.
- Good planning and project management skills required.
- Good computer skills required, with experience using AutoCAD and/or Solid Works, in addition to various programmable logic controller platforms.
- Microsoft Office skills required.
- Programming skills required for respective equipment.
- Good numerical aptitude required.
- Must be a team player, flexible, adaptable with good coaching/mentoring ability.
- Must have desire to learn and a trainable attitude.