Assistant Site Manager (#9641) - Ohio
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
We're searching for an Assistant Site Manager in Ohio.
The Assistant Site Manager will report directly to the Site Manager. This role will oversee processes that support the site including plant operations, scheduling, quality, maintenance, distribution, production reporting, and office administration.
A successful candidate is a natural leader capable of driving continuous improvement across the site and will support the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Active management and engagement in the 5 Plant Fundamentals: Safety, Quality, Productivity, Housekeeping, and Preventive Maintenance.
- Collaborate with the Site Manager and the company's Safety Manager to drive a safety-first culture.
- Active training and development of site employees.
- Engagement in plant operations including machine operations, repair & maintenance, housekeeping, and directing the work of others.
- Assist in staffing the site appropriately to meet production needs.
- Review daily production, performance and inventory reports; identify variances from plant budget and institute corrective actions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Ensure quality standards and parameters are met while maintaining ongoing quality control and improvement programs.
- Assist the site manager in maintaining an accurate inventory of raw materials and finished goods.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of large capital projects.
- Ensure exceptional customer service and responsiveness.
- Meet the financial goals and objectives of the site.
Comply with all local and federal environmental regulations.
- Min of 7 years of Block Plant Management experience.
- Besser or Tiger experience preferred.
- Strong mechanical abilities as it applies to block plant equipment.
- Champion of Safety
- Strong understanding and utilization of Lean Manufacturing principles.