Architectural Patching Foreman (#9748) - Upper Midwest
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
PCI Certified Plant needs an experienced Patching Foreman
JOB SUMMARY: A strong work ethic and team player attitude is essential for success. If you are an energetic and motivated person who has experience as a plant manager we would like you to join our team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Looking for an experienced person to work as a hands-on Supervisor in the repair and modification of precast concrete panels; work with concrete materials using a variety of hand and power tools. Precast Concrete Foreman work involves any combination of duties and responsibilities that include:
• Knowledge of acid washing, sandblasting and precast patching is a must.
• Train new employees and assign employees to crew duties.
• Organize crew and make sure they are doing quality work. Make sure that each piece of precast coming out of building is up to company standards.
• Recommend procedure changes to ensure the company is producing a quality product.
• Work with Plant Managers and Department Heads to schedule manpower needs.
• Verify crew employees are arriving to work and leaving on time each day.
• Conduct weekly ‘toolbox topic’ safety meetings; make sure employees are working safely and following all established safety policies.
• As needed order materials and write Purchase Orders.
• Recommend pay increase, discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
• Overhead crane operation and truck driving is a plus.
• Pay scale is determined on experience
EDUCATION AND OR EXPERIENCE: Qualified candidates will have at least five years management and Architectural Precast experience. Any PCI or ACI certifications would be a plus, but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, may on occasion have to use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arm; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel crouch or crawl. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to vibration. Proper PPE must be worn.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Employee will work primarily in an office environment. Occasionally time will be spent in the production area and yard where you’re required to wear a hard hat, steel toed shoes, and safety glasses. The noise level in the work environment is usually minor to moderate.