Anodizing Manager (#11313) - WI
An aluminum extrusion plant is looking for experienced anodizing manager.
Reporting into the Finishing Operations Manager, this role involves managing the Mosinee Anodize team (approx. a team of 36 people across 2 shifts), which requires development skills and capability in the department and ensures that customer material is processed through the department in the most efficient and safe way; ultimately, creating a world-class Anodizing process.
• Manage the Daily Operations of the Anodize Department.
• Compliment and align Anodize strategy, resources, and process with budgeted Department Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
• Work with Anodize Supervision to train and develop a team of skilled Anodize Department personnel at every level, transferring and sharing knowledge throughout.
• Work with Anodize team and chemical suppliers to improve Anodize Department performance (greater increased throughput, reduced internal & external rework, fewer Return Material Authorization??? (RMA), and customer complaints) and challenge technical limits (color repeatability, consistent film build, and tighter process parameters).
• Work with all staff and management to drive business performance (lower cost, higher quality).
• Report Anodize KPI’s on a daily, monthly, annual basis using ERP/office tools available.
• Ensure the department action plan and action items are clearly communicated and that all team members understand their role and responsibilities to attain the department plan.
• Verbal and written reporting of any relevant activities as required by the company.
• Support developing and maintaining of quality, environmental, and safety procedures and training and the timely maintaining of required certifications of the department staff.
• Develop and deploy process documentation, including checklists and trouble-shooting guides and work instruction development.
• Working synergy with the scheduling department in order to respect the schedule and to deliver a high service level to the customers.
• Work with the business development and sales departments at the inquiry stage, supporting them forwith feasibility capability information in the shortest time possible.
• Ensure all Health Safety & Environment (HSE) rules and regulations are complied with for employees, visitors, and contractors.
• Participate and report on any required audits (quality, safety, etc.). Develop/execute any audit action plan as required.
• Maintain budget for Anodize including Maintenance Repair and Operations (MRO) Budget categories, labor costs and capital expenditures.
• Propose and execute cost saving actions.
• The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Anodize or Plating operation of which 3 years’ experience as an Anodize or Plating Manager or Supervisor. Since this is a managerial role, you will be expected to have detailed knowledge of the fundamental chemistry and systems involved in delivering superior Anodized parts.
• Actual “hands-on” Anodize crane operator experience in an Anodize and waste treatment process.
• Experience with racking, rack design, throughout and how part geometry limitations can affect the Anodize process.
• Experience with required Anodize process spares and MRO.
• The ability to read blue prints, use precision measuring devices, and reference tolerances.
• Ability to work independently and be self-directed.
• Familiarity with ISO is preferred.
• A working knowledge and understanding of AAMA 611 is desired.
• Requires excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability or use a computer.
• Lean practitioner is preferred.