Anodizing Department Manager (#9125) - TX
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for an anodizing manager.
Reporting directly to the area director, this position is responsible for providing direction, guidance, motivation and development for assigned team/department to achieve established production goals consistent with standards of quality, safety, cost and housekeeping.
Must have prior aluminum extrusion/anodizing experience. Salary open based on experience. Position will be M-F, some Saturdays. Will supervise a department of 150 employees, 2 shifts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the timely processing of all department activity including productivity, accuracy, and reports
• Work closely with Director to control costs in your operation - labor, supplies, and inventory shrinkage
• Participate in all hiring decisions for assigned area.
• Identify training needs to enhance knowledge, skills, and abilities of team.
• Guide, motivate, and discipline direct reports in accordance with company guidelines.
• Maintain adherence to company policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices.
• Ensure the consistent use of safety devices and personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Maintain constant alert for hazardous conditions and practices.
• Ensure a safe work environment by observing and coaching employees and addressing potential safety hazards.
• Ensure machinery in area is safe and working optimally.
• Motivates, coaches, develops and disciplines direct reports as required
• Monitors and drives quality measures and implements continuous improvement efforts
• Establish objectives to improve team performance and facilitate continuous improvement initiatives
• Implement process improvements as necessary
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Abilities:
• Strong analytical, problem solving, delegation, and conflict resolution skills
• Motivational and team building skills
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
• Proficient use of Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
• Continuous improvement / lean experience using 5S, Kaizen and /or Six Sigma methodologies
• Experience in Lean Manufacturing concepts, quality measurements and OSHA requirements
• Previous floor level shop and or supervisor experience
• Ability to perform essential duties of job description
• Bachelor's degree in related field or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Apply for this position.