Ammonia Refrigeration Service Technician (#9926) - Iowa
Industry: Design and Construction
Perform routine and emergency service on Ammonia and Freon refrigeration equipment commonly found in industrial applications.
- Responsible for refrigeration repair and maintenance support to industrial accounts in the food and beverage, refrigerated storage, pharmaceutical, and gas processing industries.
- Perform routine and emergency service on Ammonia and Freon refrigeration equipment commonly found in industrial applications.
- This includes a working knowledge of screw and reciprocal compressors, electrical troubleshooting all common types of ammonia central systems, & control/alarm systems.
- Need knowledge in flooded, LRUs, and Dx systems. FES, Frick, Vilter, and Mycom compressors.
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies, procedures and governing requirements.
- Ability to work unsupervised or with limited instruction.
- Maintain and manage truck inventory and / or job tool boxes in an accurate, neat and orderly manner as well as adhere to vehicle maintenance program guidelines (If applicable).
- RETA 1&2 certification a plus.
• Minimum of 3 years of progressive work experience in ammonia refrigeration service
• Valid Driver's license and a safe driving record
• Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds
• Must be able to pass physical examination and Respirator Fit Testing
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, detail oriented and highly motivated
• Minimum 1-2 years field experience
• Available to travel 25%
• Availability to be on call nights and/or weekends as required
• Basic computer skills (electronic documentation)
- Our employees enjoy a complete package of benefits, including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, an employee assistance program, 401(k) plan, and various other supplemental benefits.
Apply for this position.