Ammonia Refrigeration Service Technician (#7183) - Gainesville, GA
Industry: Design and Construction
Responsible for refrigeration repair and maintenance support to industrial accounts in the food and beverage, refrigerated storage, pharmaceutical, and gas processing industries.
Amonnia Refrigeration Service Technician - Gainesville, GA
Service Technician Duties
- Responsible for refrigeration repair and maintenance support to industrial accounts in the food and beverage, refrigerated storage, pharmaceutical, and gas processing industries.
- Perform routine and emergency service on the ammonia and Freon refrigeration equipment commonly found in industrial applications.
- This includes working knowledge of screw and reciprocal compressors, electrical troubleshooting all common types of ammonia central systems, and control/alarm systems.
- Demonstrate and understanding and adherence to all worker safety policies, procedures and governing requirements.
- Ability to work unsupervised or with limited instruction.
- Maintain and manage truck inventory and/or job tool boxes in an accurate, neat and orderly manner as well as adhere to vehicle maintenance program guidelines (if applicable)
Service technicians will on a daily basis perform routine maintenance on many various types of refrigeration systems and components to include the following:
- Basic maintenance to compressor packages. Oil and filter changes, microprocessor calibrations, shaft seal replacements as well as removal and replacement of compressor from package
- Condenser maintenance; cleaning of condensers, rebuilding of condenser pumps, rebuilding of condenser fan and drive sections
- Evaporators maintenance: cleaning of evaporator, maintenance and rebuilding of control groups (valves) and setting of superheats
- Liquid pumps repair and maintenance
- Troubleshoot electrical problems within the control system and facilitate repairs
- Perform dial indicator alignments as well as laser alignments
- Perform vibration analysis data gathering from the compressor and motor
- Complete daily report within the service program
- Perform equipment start-ups
- Perform equipment and system pump downs and evacuations
Job Requirements and Skill Sets
- 5 years working in Ammonia refrigeration
- Preferred 3+ years working as a service technician
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty (50) pounds
- Must be able to pass physical examination and Respirator Fit testing
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills-computer literacy required
- Available to travel occasionally
- Availability to be on call nights and or weekends as required
- Understands how to breakdown liquid pumps
- Able to troubleshoot electrical systems
- Can align motors/shaft with dial indicators and or use of laser alignment tools
- Has performed vibration Analysis data collection
- Can pump down an ammonia system
- Can perform startup of an ammonia system
- RETA CARO and CIRO Certifications a plus