Ammonia Refrigeration Service Technician (#9473) - Illinois
Industry: Design and Construction
Industry: Food Manufacturing
Industry: Transportation and Distribution
Industry: Warehousing and Logistics
Maintaining & servicing various facilities mainly cold storage facilities & food processing.
Ammonia Refrigeration Service Technician – Illinois
• Responsible for Ammonia refrigeration repair and maintenance support to industrial accounts in the food and beverage, Ammonia refrigerated storage, pharmaceutical, and gas processing industries.
• Perform routine and emergency service on the Ammonia and Freon refrigeration equipment commonly found in industrial applications. This includes working knowledge of screw and reciprocal compressors, electrical troubleshooting all common types of Ammonia central systems, and control/alarm systems.
• Demonstrate and understanding and adherence to all worker safety policies, procedures and governing requirements.
• Ability to work unsupervised or with limited instruction.
• Maintain and manage truck inventory and/or job tool boxes in an accurate, neat and orderly manner as well as adhere to vehicle maintenance program guidelines (if applicable).
Service technicians will on a daily basis perform routine maintenance on many various types of Ammonia refrigeration systems and components to include the following:
• Basic maintenance to compressor packages. Oil and filter changes, microprocessor calibrations, shaft seal replacements as well as removal and replacement of compressor from package
• Condenser maintenance; cleaning of condensers, rebuilding of condenser pumps, rebuilding of condenser fan and drive sections
• Evaporators maintenance: cleaning of evaporator, maintenance and rebuilding of control groups (valves) and setting of superheats
• Liquid pumps repair and maintenance
• Troubleshoot electrical problems within the control system and facilitate repairs
• Perform dial indicator alignments as well as laser alignments
• Perform vibration analysis data gathering from the compressor and motor
• Complete daily report within the service program
• Perform equipment start ups
• Perform equipment and system pump downs and evacuations
Job Requirements and Skill Sets
• Minimum 5 years working in Ammonia refrigeration
• Preferred 3 years working as a service technician
• Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record
• Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty (50) pounds
• Must be able to pass physical examination and Respirator Fit testing
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills-computer literacy required
• Available to travel occasionally
• Availability to be on call nights and or weekends as required
• Understands how to breakdown liquid pumps
• Able to troubleshoot electrical systems
• Can align motors/shaft with dial indicators and or use of laser alignment tools
• Has performed vibration Analysis data collection
• Can pump down an ammonia system
• Can perform startup of an ammonia system
• RETA CARO and CIRO Certifications a plus