Aluminum Extrusion Production Engineer (#9230) - KY
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for an Extrusion Production Engineer.
Responsible for assisting in the implementation of and maintaining ISO 9001 and TS16949 quality systems and audits; product launches; managing workplace layout, process improvements, corrective actions, equipment efficiency, workflow, scrap reduction, cost improvements, and product quality.
- Requires substantial physical activity throughout shift(except breaks and lunch) such as walking, sitting, standing, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, handling, near/far vision, pushing, pulling, carrying, and lifting objects weighing 50 lbs.
- Working in compliance with PPAP procedures, control plans, inspection standards, APQP, FMEA, process flow, and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO 9001 and TS16949 quality systems and conducting quality audits.
- Issuing process/equipment improvements, condition adjustments, and process arrangements.
- Conducts analyses, using engineering and statistical methodologies, in the development of new, revised and refined process enhancements; renders technical expertise and assistance to operators; develops sound operating practices and procedures for assigned area.
- Maintain visual inspection standards and resolves product quality issues.
- Develops and implements plans for continuous overall equipment effectiveness (OEE); improve yields, uptime and cycle times of equipment, improve product flow, and cost reduction
- Participates in launch planning and implementation of new products.
- Develops and implement productivity, quality, and continuous process improvement by utilizing IE and QC methods.
- Evaluates new and existing process equipment for improved process performance.
- Implements and maintains quality systems.
- Cost reduction activities.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Self- starter, multi-tasked and detailed oriented, excellent computer and math skills.
- Ability to work with tight production standards.
- Able to travel on site to assist at customer locations.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing systems.
- Requires working in temperature extremes.
- Assists in Kaizen implementation and 5S.
- Observes all safety rules.
- Related process design skills.
- BS, mechanical/industrial related degree and 2-3 years of experience in similar manufacturing environment.
Prior aluminum extrusion experience required.