Aluminum extrusion process engineer (#10925) - PA
An aluminum extrusion company is looking for an experienced extrusion process engineer.
- Specifying/implementing extrusion equipment and improving extrusion performance
- Coordinating with other extrusion facilities to develop and implement standardized extrusion best practice equipment/process.
- Overseeing and coordinating extrusion material handling equipment and practices
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Devises and implement preventative, total productive and predictive maintenance plans to drive equipment reliability to best in class.
- Develops solutions to repetitive failures and other maintenance problems and Provides troubleshooting support for electrical and mechanical systems.
- Other duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
• Experience with Hydraulics and project management skills.
• Aluminum extrusion experience including isothermal extrusion control.
• Experience in requesting and justifying capital funding.
• Experience in reliability excellence and use of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
• Experience with PLCs including troubleshooting and programming.
• Ability to analyze difficult and complex engineering systems and render clear interpretation and direction
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
• Proficiency with AutoCAD and or Autodesk Inventor
• Ability to read electrical and hydraulic/pneumatic schematic
• Working knowledge of aluminum extrusion technologies and processes