Aluminum Cast House Production Engineer (#9231) - KY
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for a casting production engineer.
• Responsible for assisting in the implementation of and maintaining ISO 9001 and TS16949 quality systems and audits; product launches; managing workplace layout, process improvements, corrective actions, equipment efficiency, work flow, scrap reduction, cost improvements, and product quality.
• Requires substantial physical activity throughout shift(except breaks and lunch) such as walking, sitting, standing, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, handling, near/far vision, pushing, pulling, carrying, and lifting objects weighing 50 lbs.
• Working in compliance with PPAP procedures, control plans, inspection standards, APQP, FMEA, process flow, and continuous improvement.
• Responsible for maintaining ISO 9001 and TS16949 quality systems and conducting quality audits.
• Issuing process/equipment improvements, condition adjustments, and process arrangements.
• Conducts analyses, using engineering and statistical methodologies, in the development of new, revised and refined process enhancements; renders technical expertise and assistance to operators; develops sound operating practices and procedures for assigned area.
• Maintain visual inspection standards and resolves product quality issues.
• Develops and implements plans for continuous overall equipment effectiveness (OEE); improve yields, uptime and cycle times of equipment, improve product flow, and cost reduction
• Participates in launch planning and implementation of new products.
• Develops and implement productivity, quality, and continuous process improvement by utilizing IE and QC methods.
• Evaluates new and existing process equipment for improved process performance.
• Implements and maintains quality systems.
• Cost reduction activities.
• Performs other duties as required.
Job Related Functions:
• Self- starter, multi-tasked and detailed oriented, excellent computer and math skills.
• Ability to work under tight production standards
• Able to travel on site to assist at customer locations.
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing systems.
• Requires working in temperature extremes.
• Assists in Kaizen implementation and 5S.
• Observes all safety rules.
• Related process design skills.
- BS, mechanical/industrial related degree and 2-3 years of experience in similar manufacturing environment.
Prior aluminum casting experience required.